Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - Insurgent picks up where Divergent left off (although, to be honest, I had completely forgotten what happened at the end of that book.) There is inter and intra faction rivalry going on with Tris and Tobias (Four) in the middle of it. We learn more about the characters - Tobias and his family in particular - and the factions but we have to put up with Tris being completely annoying and a really, really slow moving story.I found the whole book seemed to drag. Action scenes seemed to move very fast and without a lot of explanation other than "this needs to happen for everything to work out, so it's just going to happen." I thought a little more time could have been spent making those scenes seem a little less convenient and a little less time could have been spent on Tris being a brat with nothing else happening.While I only thought this book was all right, I want to finish out the series, so I plan to read the third book to see what happens. I just hope it's a couple hundred pages shorter than this one. This one easily could have been a couple hundred pages shorter without the story suffering. If you're into the series already, I'd recommend reading this because I feel like the third book will be worth struggling through this one.