Before I Go to Sleep

Before I Go To Sleep - S.J.Watson I liked this book, but I didn't love it. Christine was in an accident of some sort years ago and now has no short term memory and most of her long term memory is gone. She wakes up every day and is surprised to find she's middle-aged, married, and completely confused about where she is. She's been seeing a doctor for a few weeks who suggests she keep a journal every day and he calls her in the morning to remind her where it is so she can read it and see if it helps her memory at all. So every day she finds herself questioning those around her and isn't quite sure who she can trust.I thought the story moved kind of slowly and there was never really any sense of suspense for me. Christine spends most of the story reading her journal and we kind of get the same information over and over again without any real movement in the plot. Towards the end things finally start to happen but Christine's thoughts and actions seem out of character for someone who has no memory. I don't know, I liked the story well enough but the ending was expected and a bit of a letdown. Also, I just don't think someone who forgot everything every day would act at all the way Christine did. So, good read, not great. Not sure I'll be picking anything up by S.J. Watson again anytime soon.