The Girl in the Arena

Girl in the Arena - Lise Haines I kind of expected more from this book. I found it to be very interesting and I liked the characters, however, it moved along very slowly for me. Even towards the end I found myself becoming concerned that perhaps I'd gotten myself into another series, without knowing it, and nothing was really going to happen until the last 10 pages in order to set up a sequel. However, the book did wrap up nicely with an epilogue. I thought the writing was top notch and I think Lise Haines is very talented, I just expected more suspense. I thought reading Girl in the Arena would be more like reading The Hunger Games. I never even found myself feeling too outraged at the insane rules and bylaws of Caesar's Inc. I guess no threat ever seemed too real. I always had a feeling things would work out somehow. I didn't see a lot of what happened in the book coming, but I just couldn't get into it as much as I had hoped. I would still recommend this for people to read. It was good, but don't go into it expecting to be on the edge of your seat.