The Midwife's Confession

The Midwife's Confession - Diane Chamberlain This is going to be a hard book to talk about without giving too much away. Tara, Emerson, and Noelle have been friends since college. When Noelle commits suicide, Tara and Emerson begin to find things out about Noelle that make them wonder if they ever really knew her.I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. It is one I read for a book club (I wouldn't have picked it up on my own). I have to say, I was really sucked into the story. The narrator changes between several of the characters and flips between past and present day. Little bits of information are revealed about Noelle and every chapter kind of ends in a mini-cliffhanger. I wasn't very satisfied with the end of the book. The story builds and builds and builds (I really flew through the last 100 pages) and then after a big reveal it basically just ends. I have never read Jodi Piccoult (not my kind of stories) but towards the end I felt the book was going a little Piccoult. It came away from that pretty fast, but that may be because it ended quite abruptly.Overall it was a good story and kept me interested. I have a feeling I may have been more affected by the story if I was a mother.