Midnight in Austenland

Midnight in Austenland - Shannon Hale I have to say...this was only OK. I read Austenland and really liked it. I thought this would be great. Charlotte is newly divorced. She stumbles on a list she made as a kid of things she wants to do with her life. One of those things is read all of Jane Austen's novels. Ok, that right there was so heavy handed that I almost put the book down. But anyway, so she reads the books and ends up booking a trip to Austenland. There she stumbles onto a murder and possibly love. But is she in love with the murderer? Is she even in love at all or is it all just acting?So yeah. I think my main problem is I cannot relate to divorced women with children. It's one of the main reasons I don't read a lot of adult fiction that could fall into the "chick lit" category. I just can't relate to a lot of the characters. I didn't really like Charlotte and I just couldn't get into the story or the romance. It just seemed too contrived. It is too bad because Austenland really was a nice little gem (although I don't remember a lot about it...was that woman divorced too?) and I think Shannon Hale is a great writer. I guess this one just wasn't for me.I recommend this to readers who like a little mystery and a little romance all rolled in to one. And of course, to Jane Austen fans.