Fateful

Fateful - Claudia Gray I feel on the fence about this book. I thought it started out pretty slow and a ton of characters were thrown into the mix right from the beginning. I also kind of was turned off by the supernatural aspect to the story. I knew the book was going to be about the Titanic, which is cool. However, I didn't realize that was just the setting and that the story was a supernatural one. Believe me, I like vampires, werewolves, and all that stuff just as much as the next person, I just wasn't expecting it (even though it mentions it on the back cover...). The story really picked up once they boarded the Titanic. I liked the characters and I liked the love stories. It just seemed like the story could have taken place anywhere and the Titanic wasn't as big a part of the story as I'd wished. Even when it sank, it was almost like an after thought right at the very end of the story.This is one of those cases where I had a lot of preconceived notions about the book before I read it and I think it kind of ruined the book for me. It really wasn't a bad story at all, it just wasn't what I was expecting so I feel let down.This is a good one for people who like to read supernatural romances or who like historical fiction with a twist.